Primary duties will be developing a middleware RESTful API. The developer will be integrating with various backend systems and providing that data to multiple client applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will update and create RESTful API endpoints for a middleware platform.
- Will integrate with backend systems that utilize SOAP and/or RESTful interfaces
- Will integrate with 3rd party systems
- Will assist in troubleshooting software defects as needed.
- Will create and update documentation to reflect the API request and response contracts
- Will provide in code documentation as code is written.
- Will create and update unit and functional tests to facilitate a continuous integration strategy
- Will work closely with the client development teams to obtain requirements for updating or creating new API endpoints.
- Will work closely with backend system operators and developers to know the limitations and expectations of those systems.
- Will perform code reviews.
- Will set and enforce coding standards.
- Will keep up with latest technologies and provide recommendations on development road map.
3+ years of development experience with the following languages: PHP, C/C++, Node.js
3+ years of API development experience
Strong experience working with SOAP and RESTful APIs
Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
Experience writing unit tests
Experience using package managers (composer, npm, etc)
Comfortable working with git source control
Experience working with atleast one CMS and frameworks of PHP.
Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express.js, Socket.io, Mean.js, and Hapi.js
Experience working with databases (MongoDB, MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQL)
Experience in handling/maintaining Linux based servers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org